Friday, September 13, 2013

The Positive vs The Negative

Lately I've been wondering why negative events/comments/emotions seem to have more impact on myself. Am I really that hard on myself? I think over the past decade I've learnt to be my own best friend MUCH better than I did when I was younger, so is there something wrong with me?

Out of curiosity I browsed online and I found this really interesting article along with a brilliant piece of advice on how to balance it all out:


Like the author, after reading the article, I feel glad now that I'm not the only one and I'm not being too hard on myself he he he...

2 comments:

  1. Yup, you're right, Amel.

    I notice that, even more when I ask clients to do a timeline, they tend to remember negative events vividly, compared to positive events (very little)- even with friends. I used to live day-to-day postivitely, before surgery, and then I found myself drowning in negativity- took a LONG time before I relearned to appreciate simple days, even days that had no positive or negative (those days are better than negative ones when one think about it).
    It IS easier to find negativity here and there- thanks for the article- excellent advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, you have a therapist's POV, so no wonder you'd know more about this stuff. THANK YOU for sharing your POV as well. I was the opposite of you - used to be able to hold grudge easily, then I learnt to be positive, and then when IF came over me...WHACK...had to relearn the whole thing all over again in different degrees he he...

      Delete

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)