Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Holding Space

A friend sent me a link to an interesting article about holding space for someone else, but at the end of the article, I found out that there was another link about holding space for yourself first before you can hold space for other people.

The first article reminded me of the struggle I had with jealousy, grief, anger, etc. in the beginning of my infertility journey. At that time I felt the desire to fight them and chase them away, but after some exhaustion and failure, I began to wonder if I was actually supposed to just embrace them as they were without trying to fix/change them and whether the act of embracing them would enable me to be less judgmental when someone else was experiencing those (ugly) feelings that I tried to keep at bay.

Anyway, here are the two articles:


3 comments:

  1. Like you, I, too, "began to wonder if I was actually supposed to just embrace them as they were without trying to fix/change them and whether the act of embracing them would enable me to be less judgmental when someone else was experiencing those (ugly) feelings that I tried to keep at bay."

    Thank you, Amel, for sharing these links. I look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your own experience, Pamela. I think it was the first time around that I had ever felt that way about those "ugly" feelings. :-) I hope you enjoyed the articles. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your own wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)