Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Giving Away "Those" Books

I forgot to mention here that a few months ago I finally got rid of the English pregnancy and parenting books I bought second-hand from online shops years ago when we first started TTC. I'd started reading one of them during TTC, but the other three were parenting books, so I hadn't really started reading them yet and they'd been gathering dust in my book shelf, so off they went to this "exchange book corner" in our local library. Btw, I felt nothing when I left the books there.

In the past there was no such a thing, but these days they've put this "exchange book corner" in which people can grab any book(s) they want with the hope that they'll trade them with other book(s) that they own. The empty space has been put to good use as I've been piling up new books that I haven't read yet (chuckle). I'm a bad reader. I tend to switch from one book to another and who knows when I'll finish reading them all LOL!!! Some of them are unread, though. I LOVE collecting books even though that means I may not read them yet LOL!!!


I'm still PMSing and still feeling a bit conflicted inside every now and then (esp. when I read news about my friend's morning sickness issues and the other mommy friends got to share their own morning sickness experiences - felt like being left out when a group of friends were playing together). Just now I received an email with the title "27 weeks" and I felt a jolt inside. I thought, "Another pregnant woman?" Turned out that no, it wasn't the case. It was a false alarm. Phew!

Yep. The green eyed-monster of jealousy has arisen, though thankfully it's not blinding me. It's just a tiny little monster, but I know it's out there. One thing I tried to do the other day is to turn each jealous thought into a ball and then I (the superhero in my imagination) got to kick the ball into outer space, where it was swallowed by this giant black hole (I had to do this whenever the ball came out to play). Is this helping? I think so. :-)

Another thing that helped was exercising and doing punching and kicking movements with all my might (release all the negative energy, Amel!!!)...and feeling the lovely endorphins afterwards. :-) And yes, I looked like this fellow below when I was doing the exercise: 


Let's just see how well I fare in this friend's pregnancy journey (and maybe in the future other close friends' pregnancies) where I get to read a lot of details and where I get to see lots of pics. I'll take it one day at a time. May God help me!!!

P.S. I know I'll feel better when my PMS is over. :-) In the meantime, though, I'll continue the imaginary battle and exercise regime. 



glitter-graphics.com

10 comments:

  1. PMS is the worst. It magnifies all the emotions (and not in the best way) so I'm glad you're getting the upper hand through exercise and writing about it. I also understand what you're going through with your friends...sending you hugs and support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Pamela! Very true about PMS. THANKS for the hugs and support btw! Means a lot! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. THANKS, Illanare! Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  3. Also sending hugs.

    And how cute is that boxing cat?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Mali.

      Isn't it so cute? I just thought it really depicted my boxing actions well and plus it's so adorable he he...

      Delete
  4. I'm like you when it comes to books. LOL! I'd buy or trade books. It's so bad, last time I gleefully opened the nightstand reserved only for unread books, the nightstand is FULL- no more room to put more books in. Uh oh! :-/

    I'm not sure if one can still have PMS after a hysterectomy?? I do notice I'd have some moody days, but not much as before the surgery. Hang in there, Amel!!!
    Love the soccer gif! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he he...so we're both introverts and "book hoarders" (or what do you call it?) COOL! :-D

      THANKS for your support, Julie. :-)

      Delete
  5. I got rid of my books a few years ago too -- well, most of them. I kept my copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Souvenir. ; ) I hope you're feeling better soon. PMS always makes me weepy. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was also one of the books I bought he he he...A classic, I suppose?

      And THANKS. My PMS is thankfully over he he he he...PMS makes me weepy, too, in some ways. :-)

      Delete

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)