Monday, July 1, 2013

No Regrets

When we're in the the middle of a storm, it's hard to think straight 'coz everything around you is chaos. All the noise, the whirling wind, the battered and bruised self, the soaked drenched body, the fear that grips you, the inability to see ahead of you, and the list goes on.

So here I am, looking back on our IF journey, able to see things more clearly because there's a great distance between us and our TTC journey already. Despite the fact that we never tried to find out what was "wrong" with us (if such a thing could be found) and we never tried anything else other than regular TTC and some months of Chinese herbs and vitamins, I have no regrets. I feel that we've done everything we could that we were both willing to do in order to achieve pregnancy and I feel that we've drawn the right line for us. 

However, what I find most endearing about this "looking backward process" this time is that both hubby and I were on the same page every step of the way. When we wanted to start trying, we wanted to do it together and when we decided to stop, the both of us felt that it was time to stop. Back then I knew already how nice it felt to be "walking side-by-side/hand-in-hand" like that, but now I cherish it even more with fresh eyes. I'm truly grateful for being able to be "on the same page" with hubby, especially during this rocky TTC-turned-IF journey. 
 

glitter-graphics.com

2 comments:

  1. What a powerful feeling - to have no regrets and to have a man you trust and love standing beside you. So glad you have this peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Em. Must admit that the peace came mostly from God - it came unexpectedly even before we fully submitted to living life without children, so I'm really thankful for that. It gets "easier" after that - easier in terms of focusing more on what I have instead of what I don't have. So all praise goes to Him! :-)

      Delete

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)