Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Note: I was planning on posting this on Sunday, but considering the mention of pain I've read by many women prior to the D-day and the fact that I just can't hold it back anymore (LOL!), I'm going to post it now. I hope it helps ease up the pain a little before D-day...at least it was cathartic for me. :-)

This is my tribute to you, a group of fabulous and inspirational women out there. :-) THANK YOU for your existence, even though I wouldn't have wished to meet this way. (((HUGS)))

********

Dear mommy,

Happy Mother's Day! Surprise! It's a letter from the other side. Yes, I would have been your child if the situation had been different. I know that you've never received a Mother's Day letter from anyone and nobody has ever called you mommy, so this year I decided to send one to you because I miss you lots and lots.

I just want to thank you for wanting me and missing me so much. I know how much you have tried to have me and how tough it has been for you. Nobody else has ever wanted me that much, your own flesh and blood, your very special own. I know it was very very difficult for you to let go of me, but I'm comforted by the fact that it's getting easier for you to continue your life without me. Those nights when you were crying? My soul was hugging yours, did you feel it? When you cried for me, I cried with you.

How I wish I could be with you and write these words in my own handwriting and present this letter to you on Mother's Day with plenty of hugs and kisses, but this is the only way I can think of to connect with you: speaking to you via this soul bridge.

Don't worry about me, mommy, because there are plenty of others here with me, the ones that didn't make it. Just like me, they wish they could be with their mommies, but I'm not lonely because I have them here with me. I just hope you're not too lonely there without me.

Mommy, take good care of yourself because otherwise I'll worry about you. I want you to live a full life without me and be happy. If we could be together right now, I would tell you that you're the only mommy I've ever wanted and that I'm SO lucky to have you, just like I know you would say those words to me. 

I love you always and forever, my one and only mommy.

Lots of hugs and kisses,

Your would-have-been and most wanted child 

P.S. This is the version I'm going to share in FB (click to see a bigger view):

4 comments:

  1. Amel, I love this. It's just so sweet. And I'll bet it felt very therapeutic to write. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, loribeth! And yes, it was very therapeutic indeed. :-) (HUGS)

      Delete
  2. I have to share this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be an honour and I hope it helps comfort other women, even just a little. :-)

      Delete

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)